MSPV Armoured Toyota Coaster Bus Ideal for routine trips on hostile environments where the safety of the passengers may be at risk. Armored Toyota Coaster bus can accommodate a maximum of 20 passengers comfortably. The Armoured Toyota Coaster is a commonly used model in regions such as the Middle East, Africa, and Asia, making it an ideal platform for armoured passenger bus.
All four sides of the passenger compartment and the roof of the vehicle are protected using high-quality armour steel and glass to defeat the chosen threat-level. The MSPV Coaster is available in protection levels B4+ (AK47 standard ammunition, VPAM APR2006 level 6) and B6 (Assault rifles with ball ammunition, CEN1522 and 1063 level 6 – VPAM APR2006 levels 7).
The floor of the vehicle is protected against blast and fragments of explosive threats such as the industry-standard two DM51 hand-grenades or two HG85 fragmentation grenades, with higher protection available up to land-mines such as the DM31.
SMALL, MEDIUM, AND FULL-SIZE BUSES AVAILABLE
- The armouring is integrated inside the vehicle’s cab and forms complete self-supporting structure so as to avoid excessive stress on the vehicle’s original structure.
▪ The interior armour-frame provides overlap for the large-surface armour components such as the door armour-plates and the windows.
▪ Hinge mounting points are reinforced both in the pillars and in the doors in a way that the armouring of the door is supported by the armouring of the pillar.
▪ Heavy-duty hinges with in-built door-stop.
▪ Fuel-tank(s) protected with steel armour-plates.
▪ The battery and control module of the engine are protected to the same level as the opaque areas.
• certified ballistic steel and glass • 5 Runflats • upgraded suspension
MSPV uses exclusive armouring materials ballistically certified by independent laboratories. Glass and steel are tested and certified according to European and international standards. Each batch of steel is tested as part of the normal quality control process of our suppliers, and random samples of the sheets delivered to MSPV are once more submitted for testing by the Beschussamt Munich in Germany.
Beyond this strict quality control process, MSPV regularly submits raw materials and assembly samples for ballistic testing by Beschussamt Munich to assess the limits of the materials and the efficiency of proposed assembly solutions. Welds, bolted assemblies, overlap solutions etc. are tested in this way prior to being used in production.